- I worked with several other classmates on one piece. Are group projects permitted?
Yes, but they must be submitted in either the Small Group (2 – 3 members) or Large Group (4+ members) categories.
- May I submit updated work after the deadline?
No. The submission system will automatically close on the deadline.
- May I submit updated work after the deadline if previous work has been submitted before the deadline?
Again, no. In order to meet our judging and production schedule, we cannot accept any work after the deadline.
- May I submit my work in a format or a medium different from the ones specified here?
No, we may not be able to play the animation and/or process it for the jury and show.
- I don’t have permission to use certain audio, video or images in my piece. If I just take responsibility for this in writing, would that be okay?
No. Under no circumstances may you submit any content you do not own without the owner’s permission. Any such submissions without proof of permission will be immediately disqualified. (see Rules : Copyright)
- I sort of have permission to use the audio, video or images, but I can’t provide written proof of this. If I just take responsibility for this in writing, would that be okay?
Unfortunately not. You must declare on the application form that you have permission to use all the contents of your work. If you are submitting work containing audio or visual elements that are not your own, please submit documentation to show you have permission to use it. No submissions will be accepted unless they fulfill these requirements (see previous question).
- My work has been accepted into the festival! I want to bring my entire family and all my friends to the screening! Can they all get in for free?
* Winners in the individual category will be allowed to bring one guest.
* Winning small group entries will be given one free pass for each member on the team listed in the submission.
* Winning large group entries will be given a total of four free passes. The person who submits the piece will be responsible for providing these names to us.
Everyone else must pay the admission fee. Admission will be $5 in advance and $10 at the door. Admission for this event is free for NYC ACM SIGGRAPH members.
- Permissions Checklist:
* Is everything contained in your animation your own original work? If not, are you certain you have permissions for everything in your work? Can you produce proof of this permission?
* Did one or more people collaborate with you in creating this work? If so, in addition to crediting them, do you have their permission to submit it to MetroCAF? Can you produce proof of this permission?
* Does any of your animation contain materials from a commercial product? Can you produce proof of permission to use this material?
* Does any of your animation contain materials from an unknown or unclear source? Can you produce proof of permission to use this material?
- So many rules and regulations. Do I really have to follow them all?
Yes. MetroCAF is a professional event that will premiere in New York City and may be shown across the US and around the world. The rules and regulations are set up for your protection, to best insure the highest-quality exposure for your work.